Thursday, August 18, 2011

UPDATE on Family in Latakia

I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of prayers, duaas and concerns from friends and folks from the worldwide brotherhood and sisterhood I have not yet met. The latest word is that my family in Latakia seems to be safe. They have quarantined themselves in their apartment---that being the safest retreat from continuous round of shelling from the outside. I have also been told that there are electrical and water shortages. Apparently CNN is reporting that the Syrian regime, sounding too much like a Tom Cruise suspense fantasy flick, is declaring a "Mission Complete" in Latakia.


This is a photo I snapped last year of the newly built Rotana resort hotel on Latakia's invitingly warm waters. May beauty and calm befall the residents.

No comments: