Monday, August 15, 2011

Please Pray for Latakia

My mother's family in Latakia continues to endure the daily terror of the Assad regime. A few days ago, the Syrian navy shelled this city. I have no idea how my family there is doing. In the meantime, please join me in praying for them and their fellow country folks' safety. Maybe even contemplate calling your representatives and find out the US government's strategy, policy and position on responding to the regime's reprehensible violent response to demonstrators and protesters. Below are photos of the seaside city I took almost a year ago to date as my siblings, mother and I visited her family in Latakia.













Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

R S said...

will do. I hope they're safe, God willing.

Unknown said...

insha'Allah

Chowdhury said...

May god keep them safe

Unknown said...

Thank you. I will post an update with the new revelations I have found